Truck accidents are easily some of the most dangerous accidents on our highways and byways, and while they come in many terrifying forms, some are more common than others. If a truck driver’s negligence leaves you injured, don’t put off consulting with an experienced Columbus, Ohio truck accident attorney.
While every motorist takes on an immense responsibility to drive safely when he or she gets behind the wheel, truck drivers are professional drivers who shoulder even more considerable responsibilities. Truck driver negligence is often at the core of life-threatening truck accidents, and this negligence can come in many dangerous forms, including:
- Distraction – Distraction behind the wheel of a big rig can prove deadly.
- Exhaustion – Truck drivers are held to careful hours-of-service restrictions to help curtail this dangerous problem.
- Inexperience – Dangerously inexperienced truck drivers can often be attributed to negligence on the part of the trucking company.
- Poor Judgment – There is no room for poor judgment behind the wheel of a semi.
- Excess Speed – Excess speed is dangerous regardless of the vehicle involved, but when that vehicle is a massive semi, the danger grows exponentially.
- Failure to Adhere to the Rules of the Road – Truckers who refuse to carefully obey the rules of the road should not be on the road.
- Impairment – Both federal and state laws have zero tolerance for impaired truckers.
The danger inherent to truck accidents is far too serious for truck drivers to engage in negligent driving practices.
An Experienced Columbus, Ohio, Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
The formidable truck accident attorneys at Babin Law, LLC, in Columbus, Ohio, have the experience, drive, and resources to help you, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 833-SURVIVORS for more information today.
What will my compensation cover?
You can seek compensation for legal damages that include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
Should I provide a statement to the insurance company?
Your dedicated truck accident attorney can provide the insurance company with everything it needs. You aren’t required to provide a statement, and it’s very likely not in your best interests to do so.