Class actions are an important tool for holding companies accountable for violating the rights of consumers.
A class action is a lawsuit that includes a group (or class) of Plaintiffs that are harmed by a Defendant’s actions. Often, class actions include cases where many people were similarly harmed, but the individual damages are small. A class action provides a tool to include the entire group that was harmed in one lawsuit.
Some examples of cases that are well suited for class actions include:
- Robo calls from debt collectors or advertisers (when you are on federal do no call list)
- Illegal background checks. When employers pull background reports without sending you a copy
- Overcharges on a cable or cell phone bill
- A company may claim a product is “Made in the USA” when it isn’t
- Misleading or deceptive advertising
- A bank that charges overdraft fees that violate the terms of the bank’s own policy
- Human trafficking
- Hernia mesh injuries
If you have been ripped off by a large corporation, call us today to see if we can help at (614) 265-1541.