FREE CONSULTATION (614) 761-8800

How Should I Handle a Car Accident?

Click for a free consultation
August 6, 2021 by babinlaw Posted in

If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, it’s not unusual to be at a complete loss regarding how best to proceed. While your claim will be unique to the circumstances at play, there are, nevertheless, several steps that apply across all car accident claims that you should know and follow. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may want to consider consulting with an experienced Columbus, Ohio accident attorney.

First Things First 

If another motorist leaves you injured in a car accident, the following steps represent your best path forward:

  • Stay Calm – Given the circumstances at hand, it can prove difficult to manage emotions in the heat of the moment but remaining as calm as possible will serve you well in the long run. 
  • Make Seeking the Medical Care You Need Your Primary Concern – Early medical diagnosis and intervention are strongly associated with an improved prognosis that you should seek it even if you don’t believe you’ve been seriously injured. 
  • Touch Base with Your Health Insurance Provider – Check in with your insurance provider to see what is covered and to help ward off any insurance surprises. 
  • Obtain a Copy of the Police Report – The police report issued at your car accident can go a long way toward protecting your claim and best interests.
  • Consult with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney – Car accident claims are complicated, and insurance companies are well-versed in keeping settlements low, which means you need a dedicated car accident attorney on your side. 

An Experienced Columbus, Ohio, Car Accident Attorney Is on Your Side 

The seasoned car accident attorneys at Babin Law, LLC, in Columbus, Ohio dedicate their practice to helping clients like you fully recover for their damages. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 833-SURVIVORS today. 

Will my pain and suffering be covered?

The pain and suffering caused by violent car accidents can be immense, and you can seek compensation for these losses in your car accident claim. 

What if the at-fault party’s insurance company denies my claim?

Insurance companies engage in many suspect practices in their efforts to keep their settlements low, including denying claims from the outset. If you decide to retain a car accident attorney, you should speak with them about how to handle the insurance company.

How can I protect my claim?

The surest way to protect both your health and your claim is to seek immediate medical attention, follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. You may also want to consult with an experienced car accident attorney.