You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve recently been involved in a rideshare accident in Cleveland, Ohio. Whether you were a passenger in the Uber/Lyft, in another vehicle, or an innocent bystander on the road, Babin Law, LLC can help you fight for the money you need and deserve.
Our Cleveland Uber & Lyft accident lawyers are dedicated advocates of Ohio crash victims. We’ve received national recognition and awards for our commitment to our clients and our ability to get top results in tough car accident cases.
Uber, Lyft, and their insurance companies aren’t above the law. You got hurt because one of their drivers was negligent, and now Babin Law, LLC is here to hold them accountable. Give our law office in Cleveland a call today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Cleveland Uber & Lyft Lawyer After a Rideshare Accident?
It’s simple: car accident claims involving Uber and other rideshare services can be incredibly complicated. Many different parties can be involved – from the rideshare driver to their personal insurance carrier to the rideshare company and their insurer. If another party contributed to the wreck, they’d be involved in the legal claims process, too.
While you may have the right to compensation, none of these parties will make it easy for you to get the money you deserve. They’ll fight you at every turn and work to minimize your settlement.
You can substantially increase the odds of a victory – and maximize your financial recovery – by making the simple decision to hire an experienced Cleveland rideshare accident lawyer to represent you.
When you choose Babin Law, LLC, you’ll get a team of hard-working legal advocates in your corner as we:
- Investigate your Uber/Lyft accident to determine how it happened and who’s at fault
- Gather evidence that can be used to establish liability and support your claim for damages
- Lean on experts and specialists who can provide critical insight into your case
- Notify insurance companies about the accident on your behalf
- Prepare and submit relevant claims and documents
- Anticipate tactics designed to shift blame to you and limit your settlement
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties
- File a lawsuit and bring your Uber/Lyft accident case to a Franklin County jury, if necessary
At Babin Law, LLC, we understand that the perceived cost of a Cleveland Uber & Lyft accident attorney might make you think twice before asking for help. That’s why we take cases on a contingency fee basis. You only pay if our top-rated legal team wins your Uber or Lyft accident case. We’re so confident that we’ll win your case that we’ll assume all of the risks of litigation.
Give our Cleveland Uber & Lyft accident attorneys a call to learn more. Your first case evaluation is free.
Who Pays For My Damages After a Cleveland Uber & Lyft Accident?
Ohio is an at-fault state, so the at-fault party’s insurance carrier is primarily responsible for damages after any car accident.
When a negligent rideshare driver causes an accident, liability will depend on what the driver was doing at the time of the accident.
- The rideshare driver is off duty: If the Uber/Lyft driver was not actively seeking work through the Uber/Lyft app, then they assume personal responsibility for an accident they cause. You can submit a claim to their insurance company and/or file a lawsuit directly against the negligent motorist.
- The Uber driver is waiting for a ride request: Uber has a limited insurance policy that kicks in when an Uber activates the rideshare app and actively awaits a ride request. If the driver is involved in an accident, Uber’s insurer will cover up to $50,000/$100,000 in bodily injury and $25,000 in property damage.
- The Uber driver has accepted a ride request: Uber’s $1 million insurance policy kicks in when an Uber driver accepts a ride request. Coverage terminates the moment a passenger is dropped off.
Uber’s insurance coverage is secondary, so you’ll typically have to exhaust the benefits available through the negligent Uber driver’s insurance company first.
Can I Sue Uber/Lyft After a Car Accident in Cleveland?
No. Rideshare drivers in Cleveland are classified as independent contractors, rather than employees, so Uber is typically immune from liability related to accidents.
However, you still reserve the right to file a lawsuit against another liable party (or their insurer), such as another negligent motorist, an employer, or a vehicle manufacturer.
Damages Available to Rideshare Accident Victims in Cleveland
In a rideshare accident claim, you can seek compensatory damages to make up for your financial losses (economic damages) and hard-to-value trauma related to your crash (non-economic damages).
This can include money for:
- Hospitalization and related medical bills
- Ongoing medical care and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages
- Lost job benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Our Cleveland Uber & Lyft accident attorneys will carefully evaluate your crash with the help of experts. We’ll dig deep to identify your damages and get a real sense of how your life will change because of the rideshare accident. Investing this time and taking a detail-oriented approach will help us negotiate a settlement or secure a judgment at trial that represents what your Cleveland rideshare accident case is worth.
You Have a Limited Time to Assert Your Rights After a Cleveland Uber & Lyft Accident
Ohio has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits. This gives you until the second anniversary of your Uber/Lyft accident to initiate a legal claim to get the compensation you need.
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury or the wrongful death of a family member in an Uber or Lyft accident in Cleveland, don’t hesitate to call Babin Law, LLC.
Our Cleveland Uber & Lyft accident attorneys have the resources and experience you’ll need to get the results you deserve. Contact our law office serving Cleveland and surrounding areas in Franklin County to get started with a free consultation today.