Truck accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious injuries, property damage, and even fatalities. Due to the sheer size of these vehicles, truck accident cases can often be complex with insurance companies and large-sized law firms working tirelessly to avoid paying for the aftermath. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Cincinnati, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
At Babin Law, LLC we understand the complexities of these cases and are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. Our experienced team of Cincinnati truck accident attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling truck accident cases. Our firm is reputable in the legal community and shows the other side that we will not back down for less than you deserve. Our team will work tirelessly to protect your rights and fight for your best interests. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
What are Truck Accident Cases?
Truck accident legal cases involve seeking compensation for damages, injuries, or losses resulting from a collision or other incident involving a commercial truck or tractor-trailer. These cases can be complex and require specialized knowledge and experience due to the unique aspects of trucking regulations and the potential for severe injuries or fatalities. Truck accident legal cases may involve issues such as determining liability, assessing damages, negotiating with insurance companies, and navigating state and federal trucking regulations.
Common Causes of Cincinnati Truck Accidents
There are many factors that can contribute to truck accidents, some of which are specific to the commercial trucking industry. Some common causes we see at Babin Law, LLC include:
- Driver fatigue: Commercial truck drivers often work long hours and may drive for extended periods without taking adequate rest breaks, leading to fatigue and a higher risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving: Truck drivers may be distracted by cell phones, GPS devices, or other electronic devices, which can cause them to lose focus on the road and increase the likelihood of an accident.
- Speeding: Trucks that are traveling too fast are more difficult to control and can take longer to stop, leading to accidents.
- Equipment failure: Trucking companies have a responsibility to maintain their vehicles and ensure that they are in good working order. When equipment fails, such as brakes or tires, accidents can occur.
- Inadequate training: Commercial truck drivers require specialized training to operate their vehicles safely. When drivers are not properly trained, accidents can happen.
- Weather conditions: Trucks are more susceptible to accidents during inclement weather, such as snow, ice, and heavy rain.
How Frequent Are Truck Accidents in Cincinnati?
According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, there were 17,612 total crashes involving commercial vehicles in Ohio in 2020. Among these crashes, 146 were fatal and 3,720 resulted in injuries. As for Cincinnati specifically, the Ohio Department of Transportation’s crash data tool indicates that there were 681 total crashes involving commercial vehicles in Hamilton County, which includes Cincinnati, in 2020. Among these crashes, 4 were fatal and 132 resulted in injuries.
Contact our Cincinnati Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Truck accidents can be devastating and have long-lasting consequences for those involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Cincinnati, it is important to seek legal representation from an experienced Cincinnati truck accident attorney who can help protect your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your losses.
At Babin Law, LLC our dedicated team of Cincinnati truck accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in handling truck accident cases and will work tirelessly to fight for your best interests. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you navigate the complex legal landscape of truck accident cases.