If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Dayton, you may be facing a number of challenges, including physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial stress. Dealing with insurance companies, medical bills, and legal proceedings can be overwhelming, especially when you are trying to focus on your recovery. That’s where our Dayton car accident attorneys can help. At Babin Law, LLC we use our knowledge of Ohio car accident laws to help you navigate the complex legal system, protect your rights, and pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation to pursue justice for your case today.
Common Causes of Dayton Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the common car accidents our attorneys see in Dayton:
- Distracted driving – This is one of the leading causes of car accidents. Activities such as texting, eating, talking on the phone, or adjusting the radio can take a driver’s attention away from the road, increasing the risk of a collision.
- Speeding – Drivers who exceed the speed limit or drive too fast for road or weather conditions can lose control of their vehicle, making it more difficult to avoid accidents.
- Impaired driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can impair a driver’s judgment, vision, and reaction time, leading to accidents.
- Reckless driving – Behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, or running red lights can increase the risk of collisions.
- Poor road conditions – Poorly maintained roads, construction zones, or debris on the road can make it difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicle, leading to accidents.
- Vehicle defects – Faulty brakes, tires, or other mechanical issues can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, leading to accidents.
Common Injuries in Dayton Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to more severe injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries, including:
- Whiplash – This is a neck injury that occurs when the head is jerked forward and then backward quickly, causing strain or damage to the muscles, tendons, or ligaments in the neck.
- Broken bones – The impact of a car accident can cause bones to break, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Traumatic brain injuries – A blow to the head in a car accident can cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range from a mild concussion to a severe injury that requires hospitalization and long-term treatment.
- Spinal cord injuries – The force of a car accident can cause damage to the spinal cord, leading to paralysis or other long-term disabilities.
- Cuts and bruises – Broken glass, loose objects, or flying debris can cause cuts and bruises that may require medical attention.
Frequency of Car Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were approximately 6.5 million reported car accidents in the United States in 2020, resulting in over 38,000 deaths and over 4.8 million injuries. This means that there were about 17,800 car accidents per day in the US. According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, there were a total of 119,638 motor vehicle crashes in Ohio in 2020. In Montgomery County, which includes Dayton, there were 11,727 crashes during the same year. These crashes resulted in 4,142 injuries and 51 fatalities in Montgomery County alone. Specifically in Dayton, there were 1,180 total crashes in 2020 with 317 resulting in injuries and 7 in fatalities.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Dayton
The statute of limitations refers to how much time a plaintiff has to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations for car accidents in Dayton is generally two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you have been injured in a car accident in Dayton, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you fail to file your lawsuit within this time frame, your case will likely be dismissed, and you will be barred from seeking compensation.
Contact our Dayton Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been involved in a car accident in Dayton, you may be facing a difficult and overwhelming situation. Dealing with injuries, medical bills, and insurance companies can be daunting, but you do not have to face it alone. At Babin Law, LLC, we are dedicated to helping car accident victims navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation they deserve. Our experienced Dayton personal injury lawyers will work tirelessly to investigate the circumstances of your accident, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and represent you in court if necessary. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.