Motorcycle accidents happen fast, but the effects can sometimes last a lifetime. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious motorcycle accident injury. Suddenly you might not be able to move your arms or legs normally. You might even not be able to work for weeks or months or even longer.
Even with a helmet, motorcyclists often sustain catastrophic injuries because they have little protection against cars, trucks, and other large vehicles that crash into them. Unfortunately, fatal motorcycle accidents also sometimes occur.
Some motorcyclists often get blamed for accidents caused by other drivers without a proper investigation or accident reconstruction. That is not right. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle wreck, you will need a strong advocate fighting for your rights. Let Babin Law, LLC, investigate on your behalf – and hold the responsible party accountable. Our experience as motorcycle and car accident lawyers in Columbus will be used to help you.
Why should I hire Babin Law to handle my motorcycle crash?
The Columbus, OH motorcycle accident attorneys at Babin Law, LLC, work diligently once you decide to hire us to handle your motorcycle accident claim. We will carefully investigate every aspect of your crash, from collecting medical records and accident reports to dealing with insurance companies on your behalf.
We have extensive experience handling motorcycle accident cases. Our attorneys work hard to hold negligent and/or reckless drivers accountable for the damage they cause. We know the excuses negligent drivers often use, including blaming the accident on blind spots when they simply were not paying attention to the road around them.
FAQs about motorcycle accident claims
Motorcycle accident victims and family members often have many questions after a motorcycle crash. Finding accurate answers to these questions can often be a challenge. That is why we created this section devoted to some of the most frequently asked questions about motorcycle accidents. We also encourage you to contact our law firm directly with any questions you might have about your accident.
What are common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
• Inattentive drivers – Many drivers claim they did not see the motorcycle before crashing into one. But what they often mean is they were not paying close attention before they crashed into a motorcyclist.
• Distracted drivers – Whether it is texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, or eating while driving, many drivers often cause accidents involving motorcyclists due to distracted driving.
• Left-hand turn – Many drivers strike motorcyclists while attempting to make a left-hand turn. Specifically, 42 percent of all accidents involving motorcycles and another car involve the car attempting to make a left turn.
• Speeding – When drivers speed, they often do not have time to slow down and avoid crashing into a motorcyclist. And because speeding drivers are traveling so fast, they often cause serious or even fatal motorcycle accidents.
• Reckless driving – Changing lanes without warning, weaving in between traffic and tailgating are some examples of reckless driving that could result in a motorcycle crash.
What are common motorcycle accident injuries?
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
• Road rash – One of the most common motorcycle accident injuries, road rash involves a motorcyclist sliding across the pavement, which results in the skin being scraped off. Road rash can sometimes result in permanent nerve damage below the skin and or permanent scarring.
• Broken bones – Bones in a motorcyclist’s hands, arms, legs, and face sometimes break or fracture due to a motorcycle accident crash. Depending on the location of the broken bone and the severity of the break, injury victims might need months or years to recover.
• Traumatic brain injuries – Even if motorcyclists wear a helmet, they can still sustain a serious injury to the head in a motorcycle crash. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) might seem mild at first. A TBI can include headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, drowsy, problems with speech, dizziness, or loss of balance. A mild concussion, for example, is a TBI that you might think you can handle on your own. But it is critical that you have a medical professional examine you immediately if you injured your head in a motorcycle accident. You need to protect your health. You also want to show the insurance company you are taking your injury seriously.
• Spinal cord injuries – Injuries to the spine (neck and back) caused by motorcycle accidents can be severe. Sometimes, motorcyclists sustain spinal cord injuries that result in paralysis of the legs (paraplegia) or the legs and arms (quadriplegia). When such injuries occur, it is critical that injury victims get accurate legal advice as soon as possible after an accident.
Should I accept an offer from an insurance company for my motorcycle accident?
Always discuss any offer from an insurance company with an attorney before agreeing to accept the money. What might seem like a fair motorcycle accident settlement offer could turn out to be far less than you rightfully deserve for your accident. Do not sell yourself short. If you or a loved one sustained a serious injury in a motorcycle crash, your family deserves to be compensated for medical bills, lost income, lost future income, and other expenses associated with your crash.
Can I negotiate for more money for my motorcycle crash?
Yes. Insurance companies do not want people to know that they have the right to ask for more money for their motorcycle accident claim. We can review any offer you receive from an insurance company for your motorcycle crash and help you decide if you should demand more compensation. We have years of experience handling such negotiations with insurance companies, and we are eager to work with you.
How much is my motorcycle accident claim worth?
There is no set dollar amount for motorcycle accidents. Every motorcycle accident claim is unique. That is because the circumstances surrounding each crash vary significantly from one accident to another. We can analyze your crash and help you determine how much your claim might be worth. We can work with you to obtain the money you need to make you whole again.
Should I file a motorcycle accident lawsuit?
Perhaps. Sometimes filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit might be the best way to obtain compensation. But many other options often exist after a serious motorcycle accident.
That is why we want to meet with you and discuss the best way for you to get the money you desire after your crash. We offer a free case evaluation to all potential clients.
How can a lawyer deal with insurance companies after my motorcycle crash?
When you have an experienced attorney on your side, you can take an aggressive approach with insurance companies after your motorcycle accidents. Instead of the insurance adjuster dictating the terms of your motorcycle accident claim, you can take control.
We can work this way because we rigorously investigate every motorcycle accident. From carefully reviewing official police accident reports to consulting with experts in the field, we turn over stones in pursuit of the truth. And the more information you have, the stronger your legal case will be.
Let us help you get your life back together after a motorcycle crash. Contact our Columbus, OH, motorcycle accident lawyers and schedule an appointment today. We can meet with you in your home, your hospital room, our office, or wherever is convenient for you even virtually through zoom.