- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 2014
- The Ohio State University, B.A. 2010
- United States Circuit Judge Alan E. Norris of the United Stated Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Judge Peter C. Economus of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit United Sates District Court, Southern District of Ohio United Sates District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- FBA – Federal Bar Association
- AAJ – American Association for Justice
- OAJ – Ohio Association for Justice
- OSBA – Ohio State Bar Association
- CBA – Columbus Bar Association
Presentations / Publications
- Spring 2021 – MTMP, Speaker, Human Trafficking – Litigation Update
- Spring 2019 – Harris Martin Valsartan – Discovery / Legal Issues / Medical Monitoring Class Actions
- Spring 2019 – MTMP, Speaker, Human Trafficking – Defendants and Claims
- Winter 2019 – America’s Lawyer, Interview, Federal workers she Trump Administration for Government Shut Down
- Winter 2018 – OAJ, Interview, Podcast Mass Torts
- Fall 2018 – Ring of Fire, Interview, antitrust lawsuit against strips clubs for conspiracy to suppress wages of exotic dancers
- Summer 2018 – MTMP Hernia Mesh, Speaker, Learned Intermediary and Deposition Pitfalls
- Spring 2018 – ABC 6, Interview, Columbus Vice Arrests Stormy Daniels
- Spring 2018 – Bard Webinar – Speaker, Jurisdiction
- Spring 2018 – MTMP, Speaker, Bard MDL Jurisdiction
- Spring 2016 – Federal Lawyer, Judicial Profile, Judge Peter C. Economus
Community / Committees
- Halt Violence – Chairman, Board of Directors (former)
- Restored Citizens Committee – Committee Member Squats for Spots Legal Eagles Vineyard Tuttle Crossing P&W – Listed published author
- 2016 San Diego Citizen of Courage Award, Recipient, given for extraordinary acts of courage in support of justice Super Lawyers
- Rising Star 2017 to Present National Trial Lawyers 40 Under 40
Steven C. Babin
Steven loves being a lawyer. It gives him the opportunity to help real people. He considers it a privilege to fight for the rights of individuals that have been harmed by the negligence and maleficence of large corporations. Steven also loves to win.
He helps lead the charge for complex mass tort and class action matters throughout the country. In addition to representing large classes of individuals, Steven handles single event personal injury cases, including medical negligence and product liability claims. Steven has first chair trial experience, winning multiple jury verdicts for his clients. He has also argued in front of the Court of Appeals.
Steven has devoted a significant portion of his practice to investigating and litigating cases involving injuries attributable to failed hernia mesh. Steven is on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, and Chair of Law and Briefing Committee for IN RE: Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc., Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2846.
Additionally, Steven is on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Chair of Law and Briefing Committee, and Medical Monitoring Committee Member for IN RE: Valsartan, MDL No. 2875. He is also working on cases involving injuries form Zantac. Both of these cases concern the compound NDMA, which is a known human carcinogen.
Currently, Steven is working with a consortium of lawyers across the country to file cases on behalf of victims of human trafficking that are a first of their kind in the country. These lawsuits, brought on behalf of victims of human trafficking, seek damages against the hotel and motel industry. The cases assert claims under the Trafficking Victims Protection Act (“TVPRA”).
Steven has extensive experience with law and briefing in complex multi-district litigation (“MDL”) matters. Steven is highly sought after by MDL leadership committees across the country for his legal research and writing skills. He has drafted all types of legal papers from research memorandum, Daubert briefs concerning complicated scientific evidence, dispositive motions, and motions in limine for Bellwether trials. Steven has performed work on the following MDLs: Xarelto Products Liability Litigation, MDL–2592; Benicar Products Liability Litigation, MDL 15-2606; Bair Hugger Products Liability Litigation, MDL 15-2666; Invokana Products Liability Litigation, MDL 16-2750; and National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL 2804.
Before starting Babin Law, Steven served as a law clerk to Judge Alan E. Norris at the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Steven also clerked for United States District Court Judge Peter C. Economus.
Steven believes it is important to give back to the community. He serves on a number of boards and committees in Columbus.
In his spare time, Steven enjoys going to movies and spending time with his family.